Friday, September 17, 2010

Tap, tap, tap, spread, spread, spread...



...like putting jelly on some bread... This is the beginning of the rhyme I say when teaching the youngest students in our school about our glue brushes. Kindergarten started their collage unit with a reading of "It Looked Like Spilt Milk". They made torn paper collages using black and white papers. Next project, we'll move into color. Thank you to Suzie, Stella's Mom and an art educator colleague for some great tips and ideas, like tearing the paper behind my back and asking the children what action they think is making the sound that they hear.

Photos: Dmitry Gubin

3 comments:

sj said...

I love this blog! Now I get it-- I understand why my son LOVES art class!

Kelly Normand said...

Thank you for the compliment! It helps to know that the blog is appreciated.
Ms. Kelly

l&jb said...

Finally found the art studio blog. Love it! We parents really appreciate it. Thanks Ms. Kelly!